Rules relating to the conditions of use of Tithe Barn Paddocks secure dog walking field
Please note that use of the facility is subject to agreement that you accept these conditions of use. Any violation of these conditions will prohibit future use of the facility.
Booking & Cancellations
- Use of the facility is strictly by appointment only. Any breach of this condition will lead to your use of the facility being permanently revoked.
- When making your booking you must give accurate details of the number of dogs, people, and vehicles to be used in the booking. Any changes to these details must be notified to Tithe Barn Paddocks in advance of your visit to the facility.
- Your booking time includes the time required for you to secure your dog(s) and return them to your vehicle. Customers must ensure that they vacate the car park no later than the end time of their booking. Failure to do so may impinge on the following booking and if so, may lead to the withdrawal of the facility for your use.
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- There is a minimum cancellation period of 24 hours, after which payments will not refunded.
- Bookings which are cancelled with over 24 hours’ notice will be refunded. Refunds will be made at the end of each week. To cover the costs of online booking and the administration of refunds, a cancellation fee of £1 will be applied for each cancellation. Cancellations made within 24 hours will not be refunded.
- Please refer to the “Prices” page of our website for details of our current pricing.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks reserve the right to alter the pricing structure for use of the facility at any time.
- Payment is made in advance of your visit to the facility via our online booking system (see the “Book Now” page of our website).
- You can pay with your PayPal account or with most major debit and credit cards via the PayPal payment portal.
- For safety reasons, the field will be open at specific times during the summer and winter seasons (please check the opening times on our website for current opening times). Strictly no access to the field is allowed outside of these opening times.
- Please note, the last booking will be effective 1 hour before the applicable closing time.
Numbers of Cars, People and Dogs
- Use of the facility is subject to a maximum of 2 vehicles being present in the designated car park for the duration of your booking.
- Provided that no more than 2 vehicles are present within the car park during your booking then you may include the previously agreed number of dogs for your booking. (Please see the “Prices” page on our website for single and group rates).
Entering & Exiting the Field
- Please arrive at the field no earlier than your booking time. Please ensure that once in the field you secure the gate before releasing your dogs.
- When not in use, the gate will be locked, and customers will be provided with a means of unlocking the gate ahead of their appointment. Customers must ensure they lock the gate when exiting the field.
- On exiting the field, you must ensure all dogs are secured before opening the gate. Please drive away no later than 5 minutes to the hour. Customers waiting to use the field with their booking must remain in their vehicle/s whilst the car park is vacated by the previous customer.
- Should you enter the field late within the time of your booking this will not alter the end time of your booking. You should ensure that you vacate the site on time so as not to cause any delay to anybody waiting to start their booking.
- Under no circumstances will two bookings be allowed to overlap.
- Customers must only park their cars in the designated car park. Only 2 cars are to be present during the time of your visit.
- Parking on the public highway/lane is strictly prohibited. Parking is at your own risk and Tithe Barn Paddocks accept no liability for any loss or damages sustained in the use of the car park.
Withdrawal of Facility
- Tithe Barn Paddocks reserve the right to withdraw permission to use the facility at our discretion, for example on the basis of weather conditions, or where individuals have not complied with the conditions of use. Subject to the reason for the withdrawal of the facility, any advanced payment may be refunded. However, Tithe Barn Paddocks shall be under no liability for any other expenses incurred or losses sustained by the customer as a result of the use of the facility being withdrawn, at our sole discretion.
Maintenance & Health & Safety
- There are 6 dedicated dog waste bins located on site and customers must use these for the disposal of dog waste, but dog waste only please.
- There are also 2 litter bins on site for general litter.
- The field is a countryside-based facility and as such although maintained by Tithe Barn Paddocks there may be natural hazards, for example sticks, branches, stones, small holes, and stinging nettles in the field.
- There are no toilets on site.
- The field and fencing will be inspected daily to ensure it is healthy and secure but please notify us if you have any concerns.
- Customers must pick up any dog faeces and place them in the designated bins provided. Anyone found to disregard this condition will prejudice their future use of the facility.
- You must not litter the field and, as indicated previously, you must place all litter in the bins provided, or take it home with you.
- Owners must discourage their dog(s) from digging and any resultant holes from your dog(s) digging must be filled in prior to leaving the field.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks may get wet and muddy from time to time (particularly during winter months) so customers must ensure adequate and suitable footwear is always worn.
- You must remove all your personal dog toys and training aids on leaving the field, being particularly vigilant to remove any broken toys or balls. Tennis balls in particular pose a serious choking risk to any dog.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks operate a strict no smoking or vaping policy on the premises. Anyone found violating this policy will have their permission to use the field immediately and permanently withdrawn.
- Any children under the care and/or control of the customer must be supervised at all times by the customer.
- The customer shall not bring into the facility any article of a flammable or explosive nature; anything which emits an offensive smell; any CFC or civil, electrical, gas or any other apparatus. No BBQs are allowed to be used at the facility.
- The customer will not operate the release of any high-flying object.
- At no time should any dog(s) be tethered to any structures on site, e.g., fencing, posts, gates.
- You must not climb on gates, fencing or posts.
- Dogs should not be left unattended at any time. You should accompany your dog(s) at all times such that you are aware of what they are doing and can ensure they are safe and are complying with these terms and conditions.
- In accordance with the law regarding ‘Responsible Dog Ownership’ you are entirely responsible for yours and your dog(s) safety whilst at Tithe Barn Paddocks. The law states you should be in control of your dog(s) at all times. This law still applies during your visit to Tithe Barn Paddocks, regardless of whether you are alone, or a Tithe Barn Paddocks representative is present.
Right of Entry
- Tithe Barn Paddocks staff will be allowed access at any time onto the land to carry out inspections and only decisions made by Tithe Barn Paddocks regarding safety and fitness of use, will be binding.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks reserve the right to refuse permission to enter, or evict any persons from, the premises.
Code of Ethics
- Owners must ensure that all dogs using the facility are up to date with their dog(s) respective flea, worming, and tick control.
- Harsh handling of any dog(s), either verbal or physical, is not allowed.
- All dogs must wear their collars with an up-to-date tag and be micro-chipped.
- Professional Dog Trainers working with their clients will only be allowed by prior agreement with Tithe Barn Paddocks.
- Professional dog walkers will only be allowed by prior agreement with Tithe Barn Paddocks.
- If your dog/s or any dog/s they live with are showing any signs of ill health (coughing, diarrhoea, vomiting, general illness, lethargy, etc.) you will cancel any pending booking. This is to preserve the health of all dogs visiting the facility, as some may have weakened immune systems.
- All Professional Dog Trainers and Professional Walkers must provide a copy of their Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance prior to be granted permission to use the facility. Inability to provide a copy will mean that permission to use the facility will be withheld. Insurances must be kept up to date and be valid for the intended duration of use of the facility.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks have the right to cancel any booking forthwith in the event that Tithe Barn Paddocks is affected by an emergency/”Act of God” at any time. Tithe Barn Paddocks will refund any fees paid in these circumstances.
Marketing & Publication
- Tithe Barn Paddocks reserve the right to use any material, including texts and images provided by you to us (in any format), or via our Facebook page, for the purposes of marketing and promotion.
Preservations of Rights
- This agreement does not create any rights over the land, and the customer hiring the field accepts the landowner maintains control and possession of the facility at all times.
- Tithe Barn Paddocks and the landowner are not responsible and will not accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury, or death how so ever and by whom so ever caused excepting that caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of Tithe Barn Paddocks or its employees, whether to property, dogs, or person(s) sustained whilst at Tithe Barn Paddocks.
- Parking is at your own risk, Tithe Barn Paddocks and the landowner accepts no liability for any loss or damages sustained in the use of the car park.
Variations to the Agreement
- Tithe Barn Paddocks reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations so made should be deemed to be incorporated in these conditions.